Saturday 14 April 2012

Look at all I did!!

Look at all I did!!
I am afraid.  Yes really!  Of cooking!  It causes me a lot of anxiety because with the exception of a few dishes, I cannot cook.  Because of this challenge I cooked 4 different entrees and a vegetable dish.  I discovered ways to handle the anxiety by dividing it into stages. (eg cook the pasta one day.  The topping the next)  Start early in the day.  By 4pm I feel too anxious and rushed to even try.  Plus if it is palatable I can have it for lunch and supper!!  If I fail, I am the only one who knows.  I am queen of the slow cooker (success guaranteed) however have now discovered one pot recipes aren't much more difficult and they turn out too!

I now have eye make up skills.  For which I will be grateful every day. 

I also discovered how much bright colours make me happy and am wearing them more.

I saved $ by checking my phone bills.  Even though I was sure I wouldn't and just did it because it was there.  (see the blog)

I downloaded bird songs because they were supposed to help with anxiety.  I don't know that they did but the app has a game which is actually a teaching tool and now I am developing an interest in learning to identify birds in my back yard by the sound that they make.  I like it.

I had a Poker Party.  I never have parties.  I can now play poker, I made my first ever martini,  and had a lot of fun.  Everyone wants me to have another one!!

I did a baking project and a craft project with my grand kids.  They loved it and so did I.  Jettah is already looking ahead at what we do in the latest issue. 

It is encouraging me to get back to my painting which has been long neglected.  And I am going to run a portrait class next month.  I seem to be getting a lot of my confidence back about many things. 

I started taking Vitamin D every day.

I lost 2.5 pounds on the Resistant Starch diet plus it reinforced some strategies for weight loss and healthy eating.  

I feel really happy.  Stimulated.  I thought this challenge might take away from things I have to do in my life but instead it added to my life.   It has increased my self esteem.  I feel like I am a more interesting person.  I am having a lot of fun!!

Family and friends were initially puzzled by my decision to do this but now seem to  find it interesting (I think) and are having fun too as I include them in some of the activities. 

I am excited getting into the new issue, and look forward to the challenges it provides.  Coming up will be a Spa Party.  Another Poker Party.  Getting to my painting.  More great recipes I hope. 

I am also learning how to blog.  I experiment almost daily with blog tools hoping to make it a more attractive interesting site. 



No comments:

Post a Comment