Wednesday 18 April 2012

Add 19 years to your life

by:  Cooking with Beans  I became a believer in beans as in the March 5 issue they are a big part of the Resistant Starch diet.  It says one to two cups a day which seems like an awful lot.  However today I cooked up a nine bean soup and made it quite thick.  I thought it would also go nicely on potatoes, or add some salsa for a dip.   I made extra beans and froze them in in 1 1/2 cup sizes and try adding them here and there.  Good thing I work at home.  Says because they are packed with pyhtates, a group of nutrients that will make me 2 years younger!!  These nutrients can  kill cancer cells, strengthen immunity and reverse cellular ageing.   Good news.  I cup of brown rice, 1 oz of almonds or 1/2 cup cream of wheat can do the same trick. 



Health News
Aspirin prevent bowel cancer.  Take a low dose, 75 mg once per day.  I used to do this as the doctor said I had high cholesterol.  It improved and then I quit.  Obviously it has more than one benefit so I will start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment