Tuesday 8 January 2013

Pg. 14:   Strong bones, strong heart,---here's how!
Actually mentions tai chi as something that is gentle impact and helps bones grow and strengthen.
My first class is today.  I have an inner ear thing that of late seems to be really affecting my balance, so this is my attempt to help this.  Twice a week.  And it fits into getting started at some exercise again like a lot of people in the New Year!!

Pg 15:  6 Easy Ways to Prevent Diabetes
Have Some Protein at every Meal
Says 2 oz of protein with I cup carbs helps cut blood sugar spikes.  I am a great believer in protein as a way to help hunger also.  I would say I do this most of the time, but will make sure I do it all the time.  The last year has been weird in that I gain quite a bit of weight and my normal healthy eating habits were replaced with going out a lot and not keeping the fridge properly stocked.  The last week I seem to be gradually returning to healthier ways.  Thank goodness



No comments:

Post a Comment