Wednesday 2 May 2012

Circle of Kindness

This is doing something kind for someone or having been on the receiving end.

Very small thing, but I probably wouldn't have thought of it  if not for this magazine.

www.lyndaargue.com

Yesterday I am standing in line at the grocery counter.  It is lunch time and three high school boys are ahead of me.  One has a drink with him that didn't get paid for and his friend doesn't want to reuse his interact to pay for such a small purchase.  They are standing there trying to sort it out.  I can tell that boy wants that drink so badly.  Normally I would just try to patiently wait this out.    I felt a little odd bursting into their conversation but I asked him how much the drink was, then told the clerk to add it to my bill.  Surprised, the boy flashed me a smile, thanked me and off they went.  Aw, that felt good!!

Also, today I gave some change to a busker.  Most times I uncomfortably slip past.  He looked so pleased, gave me a big smile and said "Thank you."  Another feel good moment for me! Thanks Woman's World!

1 comment:

  1. I do not drive I take the bus everywhere.I took my umbrella with me.
    I have two of them mind you,but took one.then on my journey home
    on bus this kid to me was maybe 20 years old.he was upset because it started pouring cats and dogs like crazy when he had to get off the bus,but before the bus stopped to let him off he said I'm on foot to my first
    interview.and I thought oh boy poor kid..I gave him my umbrella and wished him lucked..he said thankyou and god bless you mam..My name is Pam Spooner 522 sw 6th Topeka,ks 66603.pam_spooner@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete